and updates on the
California Lemon Law
You are currently viewing our Lemon Law reference page for :
Alaska - Statute §45.45.300
- Vehicles Covered:
- Vehicles normally used for personal, family or household purposes and registered under Alaska Statute §28.10. Excludes tractors, farm vehicles, and off-road vehicles.
- Persons Covered:
- Purchasers other than for resale, of new motor vehicles, and transferees.
- Period Covered:
- Whichever is first: term of express warranty or within one year from date of delivery.
- Notice Requirement:
- (a) Manufacturer - none, (b) Consumer - specific written notice by certified mail to the manufacturer and its dealer or repairing agent.
- Repair Requirements:
- It is presumed that a reasonable number of attempts have been made if the same nonconformity has been subject to repair three or more times, or the vehicle has been out of service for a cumulative total of 30 or more business days.
- Affirmative Defenses:
- The nonconformity does not substantially impair the use or market value of the vehicle, or is the result of the consumer's abuse or neglect; unauthorized modifications or alterations were made to the vehicle.
- At the consumer's option, the manufacturer shall replace with a new comparable vehicle, or refund the full purchase priceless a reasonable use allowance.
- Other Reimbursement:
- Reimbursement for costs incurred in shipping the vehicle to the repair facility; refund to the lienholder and the consumer.
- Other remedies:
- There is no limit on other consumer remedies. Failure to refund or replace may be an unfair trade practice.
- For remedies under this section, a consumer must use an informal dispute resolution settlement procedure established by the manufacturer provided the procedure complies with 16 C.F.R. 703. §45.45.335.
- Resale of Lemon:
- Full disclosure required.
Disclaimer: Please note that statutes may have been amended since the book was originally published in 2005.
Please consult your Secretary of State or local DMV office for the most recent and up to date statutes for the California Lemon Law.