and updates on the
California Lemon Law
You are currently viewing our Lemon Law reference page for :
Colorado - Statute §42-10-101
- Vehicles Covered:
- Passenger vehicles normally used for personal, family or household purposes and sold in-state, including pickup trucks and vans. Excludes vehicles that carry more than ten persons, motor homes and vehicles with three or fewer wheels.
- Persons Covered:
- Purchasers, transferees during express warranty period, or any person entitled to enforce the warranty.
- Period Covered:
- Whichever is first: term of warranty or within one year from date of delivery 12,000 miles.
- Notice Requirement:
- (a) Manufacturer - form with name and address inserted in owner's manual; disclose requirements of consumer remedies, (b) Consumer - written notification by certified mail to manufacturer opportunity to cure.
- Repair Requirements:
- It is presumed that a reasonable number of attempts have been made if the same nonconformity has been subjected to four or more repairs, or the vehicle is out of service for a cumulative total of 30 or more business days.
- Affirmative Defenses:
- The nonconformity does not significantly impair the use and market value of the vehicle, or is the result of the consumer's abuse, neglect, or any unauthorized modifications or alterations. Statute of Limitations.
- At the consumer's option, the manufacturer shall replace with a comparable vehicle, or refund the full purchase price les a reasonable allowance (defined).
- Other Reimbursement:
- Taxes, fees and charges; refund to the consumer and lienholder.
- Other remedies:
- There is no limit on other consumer remedies: Attorney fees recoverable.
- For remedies under this section, a consumer must use the manufacturer's informal dispute settlement procedure provided it complies with 16 C.F.R. 703 §42-10-106.
- Resale of Lemon:
- Full disclosure required.
Disclaimer: Please note that statutes may have been amended since the book was originally published in 2005.
Please consult your Secretary of State or local DMV office for the most recent and up to date statutes for the California Lemon Law.