and updates on the
California Lemon Law
You are currently viewing our Lemon Law reference page for :
Oregon - Statute §646.315
- Vehicles Covered:
- Passenger motor vehicles as defined in the statute, sold in state, including leased vehicles and motorcycles.
- Persons Covered:
- Purchasers or lessees, transferees during express warranty period, or any person entitled to enforce the warranty where vehicle used normally for personal, family, or household purposes.
- Period Covered:
- Whichever is earlier: one year from date of delivery or first 12,000 miles.
- Notice Requirement:
- (a) Manufacturer - notify the consumer of the informal settlement procedure; (b) Consumer - written notice to the manufacturer from or on behalf of the consumer: opportunity to cure.
- Repair Requirements:
- It is presumed that a reasonable number of attempts have been made if the same nonconformity has been subjected to four or more repairs, or the vehicle is out of service for a cumulative total of 30 or more business days.
- Affirmative Defenses:
- The nonconformity does not substantially impair the use, market value or safety of the vehicle, or is the result of abuse, neglect, or any unauthorized modifications or alterations.
- At the consumer's option, the manufacturer shall replace with a new vehicle, or refund the full purchase price less a reasonable allowance (defined).
- Other Reimbursement:
- Taxes, fees, and collateral charges, excluding interest; refunds to the consumer and lien holder.
- Other remedies:
- There is no limit on other consumer remedies. Treble damages attorney fees and costs.
- For remedies under this section, a consumer must use the informal dispute procedure established by the manufacturer provided that it complies with 16 C.F.R. 703.
- Dealer Liability:
- Resale of Lemon:
Disclaimer: Please note that statutes may have been amended since the book was originally published in 2005.
Please consult your Secretary of State or local DMV office for the most recent and up to date statutes for the California Lemon Law.